Status changed: Pending to Draft.
Web Development Proposal
Site & Theme: Design, Development and Launch: $6,500
Based on our previous discussions, we are proposing the following approach to rebuild a new microsite for the Post University writing center. The new site will be easy for the writing center staff to manage and easily extendable with new sections or pages.
- The design will be based on the current Post.edu style and client provided creative elements.
- We will work with the Post team to create a new WordPress child theme for the site for content which will include the home page, a category page, and a content/article page.
- The site will be powered by a premium WordPress framework that’s easy to customize and manage by non-technical staff. We will provide predesigned templates that can be applied easily to new site and pages as needed.
- Content (new copy, pdfs, images, etc.) will be sourced from the existing site or by the client.
- We will provide training for the Writing Center staff to update and manage new functionality on the site.
The site will be complete and ready to launch 60 days from project initiation. Timing is subject to approvals and content being provided in a timely manner.
STATEMENT OF WORK
Price estimates are based on initial objectives and may change as mutually agreed upon tasks and objectives change. Cost estimates and payment schedule are provided for four milestones.
Milestone 1: Discovery & Setup ($500)
- Create a new WP development instance. Evaluate, install and configure plugins – only those we expect to need.
- Install setup, configure the base Divi theme.
- Discuss and document with the Post team any functional or design changes or other specific requirements.
Milestone 2 : Site and Content Development
Site Development ($4,500)
- Create customized child theme using Divi that closely matches the current design. This includes layouts for 3 pages: the home page, generic content page/article template, category grid page
- Create new website chrome (header/footer) based on simplified Post.edu style.
- Create mobile responsive view of pages.
- Add Plugins. If needed, install and configure additional plug-ins.
- Test and review primary pages on desktop and mobile devices. Revise as needed.
Milestone 3: Final Deliverable, Launch, Integrations, Training & Bug Fixes ($1,500)
- Backend systems setup for any forms, Google analytics, and security
- Final browser testing. Test in most recent versions of popular desktop and mobile browsers
Launch and Post-Launch Tasks
- Migration to live server and manage DNS setup with Post IT team.
- Integrated systems testing, including Google Analytics.
- Perform post-launch revisions and bug fixes as needed. No charge for the first 30 days after launch for revisions and fixes for functionality existing at launch. Does not include new functional requests.
- Provide 1-2 hours training as needed for Div and plugin functionality.