Status changed: Pending to Draft.
Web Development Proposal
Site & Theme Development: $7,500
Content Development: $4,500
Based on our previous discussions, we are proposing the following approach to rebuild helix.com with the objective of keeping the best of the current, successful website design, but making it easier to manage for staff, easily extendable with new sections or pages and future proof for changes in marketing approach.
- The design will be based on the current design and client provided creative elements.
- We will work with the client team to create a new WordPress child theme for the site for content which will include the home page, project pages, people pages, news/blog pages and other pages as defined below.
- The site will be powered by a premium WordPress framework that’s easy to customize and manage by non-technical staff. We will provide predesigned templates that can be applied easily to new site and pages as needed.
- Content (new copy, pdfs, images, etc.) will be sourced from the existing site or by the client.
- We will provide training for the company staff to update and manage new functionality on the site.
The site will be complete and ready to launch 60 days from project initiation. Timing is subject to approvals and content being provided in a timely manner.
STATEMENT OF WORK
Price estimates are based on initial objectives and may change as mutually agreed upon tasks and objectives change. Cost estimates and payment schedule are provided for four milestones.
Milestone 1: Discovery & Setup ($500)
- Migrate current site to new WP development instance. Evaluate, install and configure existing plugins – only those we expect to need.
- Install setup, configure the base Divi theme.
- Discuss and document with the Helix team any functional or design changes or other specific requirements.
Milestone 2 : Site and Content Development
Site Development ($5,500)
- Create customized child theme using Divi that closely matches the current design. This includes layouts for 6-8 content types: the home page, generic page/post templates, portfolio pages, people pages, blog posts, main blog page
- Create new website chrome (header/footer)
- Review current mobile presentation and create matching mobile responsive views.
- Create or import custom post types for Project and People posts.
- Add Plugins. If needed, install and configure additional plug-ins.
- Test and review primary pages on desktop and mobile devices. Revise as needed.
Content Development ($4,500)
- Import and modify 20 existing pages of the site: Remove old code, apply new page templates using Divi page builder.
- Import 277 blog posts. Import to dev site and apply new Divi templates. Each post will need to be manually modified and cleaned up.
- Import 115 Custom Projects and People posts. Import into custom post types on dev site and apply divi templates. Each post will need to be manually modified and cleaned up.
- Import 82 Projects
- Import 33 People
- Creative. Modify images for primary page headers and home pages as needed to be rendered correctly within new templates. Does not include modifying blog, people or project post images.
- Review, test and revise as needed.
Milestone 3: Final Deliverable, Launch, Integrations, Training & Bug Fixes ($1,500)
- Create Redirects. Configure 301 redirects from renamed or deleted Web pages
- Backend systems setup for any forms, Google analytics, Hubspot and security
- Final browser testing. Test in most recent versions of popular desktop and mobile browsers
Launch and Post-Launch Tasks
- Migration to live server and DNS changes if needed.
- Integrated systems testing, including Google Analytics.
- Perform post-launch testing and benchmarking for speed and security. Speed testing and evaluation using GTMetrix and remedies if needed.
- Perform post-launch revisions and bug fixes as needed. No charge for the first 30 days after launch for revisions and fixes for functionality existing at launch. Does not include new functional requests.
- Provide 1-2 hours training as needed for Div and plugin functionality.